- Program Planning Conferences will assist County Extension Agents plan programs that address issues in a rapidly changing world. Agents should be challenged to investigate new delivery techniques, begin new programs, and challenge themselves to expand their clientele base.
- PPC's increase agents alignment behind Texas AgriLife Extension's County Program initiatives.
- PPC's increase accountability within Texas AgriLife Extension Service. This goes beyond just submitting reports in the timely manner-- it also involves agents holding themselves accountable to improve professionally, to challenge themselves, and to view change as an opportunity.
- PPC's blend generations into a cohesive team of agents that are focused on clearly defined goals.
- The DEA will establish clear and defined program performance expectations. County Extension Agents will know what is expected and should work with their District Extension Administrator/Regional Program Directors to develop clearly defined performance goals.
- The DEA will clearly communicate a vision for the future and strive to establish a shared vision with agents. This shared vision should embrace the program development process, committee/task force input, program expansion, and diversity.
- Part of the conference will address agents regarding developing their skills and career. Program Planning Conferences is an excellent opportunity to discuss dossier development, establish goals for promotion, professional development opportunities and career goals. However, it is important that we are honest with our programing efforts and expectations in discussing future career goals.
Texas 4-H Program Online Seminars for CEAs
The Texas 4-H and Youth Development Program is offering online Centra seminars for any interested County Extension Agent on a variety of Youth Development Programs in 2010. These seminars are open to anyone who is willing to participate.
To enroll, please go to: http://eit.tamu.edu/centra.shtml and login. Once there, click on Manage Events. From there, you will see a folder entitled, “4-H and YD Webinars.” Then, click on the one(s) you would like to attend.
ANR Strike Team ICS 300 Certified
The District 11 Emergency Management Strike Team attended the Incident Command System 300 training . This was as a intense two day training held in Refugio,Texas. Agents attending were Peter McGuill, Jeff Stapper, Jerry Gray, Duane Campion, and Anthony Netardus. Other D11 agents attending were Brent Batchelor and John O'Connell. Others attending were the D12 agent strike team and individuals with Emergency Management responsibilities. I would like to recognize our D11 agents for committing to developing themselves as first responders in an event of emergancy.
Wind Lease Seminar-Thursday, October 15th, 2009 2 pm to 4 pm,
Texas AgriLife Research and Extension Center , Corpus Christi Texas
The Nueces County Ag/Natural Resources Committee in association with AgriLife Extension-Nueces County has scheduled an excellent opportunity to inform local landowners in the Coastal Bend with issues involving wind farms. for more information call Jeff Stapper at 361-767-5223.
One of the components of the 2010 County Programs Interpretation Initiative are District Judges and Commissioners Conferences that will be conducted in ten of our twelve Extension Districts. District 11 Commissioners Conference is scheduled for December 15th, 2009 in Edna, Texas.
All District 11 County Extension Agents should be reminded that the 2010 County Programs Interpretation Initiative includes the following;
- District Judges and Commissioners Conferences hosted by District Extension Administrators.
- All Counties conduct formal interpretation events with County Commissioners Courts annually that communicates Texas AgriLife Extension's public value.
- All Counties involve elected officials in Extension "showcase" events.
- All Districts will have a Marketing and Interpretation Committee.
I would like to thank Meredith Carter and Sam Womble for volunteering to be part of our Marketing and Interpretation committee, however I need at least 8 more CEA's to step up and volunteer to be on the committee, especially our county coordinators. If you would like to assist me in hosting this years District 11 Judges and County Commissioners Conference let me know by October 7th. I will be establishing a planning meeting soon there after.